Old 16-02-2004, 04:34 AM
Katra

Default Is organic gardening viable?

In article ,
"Ray Drouillard" wrote:

"Ivan McDonagh" wrote in message
7.67...
"Ray Drouillard" wrote in
:

"Terry Collins" wrote in message
Ivan McDonagh wrote:

SNIP

Don't forget the big reason:

The food tastes so much better!

Ray

It's this sort of anectodal evidence, Ray, that I'm curious about -

one
of my friends had a load of vegies from my totally organic garden last
year and maintained how much better they were than the chemically

grown
ones. Yet I genuinely couldn't say definitely one way or the other ...
sure, they were nicer but was that just a matter of being 5 minutes

old
versus being at least 5 days old?

Thanks for the comment though

Ivan.

I wasn't commenting about organic gardening. I was replying to this
comment:

Umm , I think different people garden for different reasons.

Terry mentioned a lot of good reasons to garden, but the superior
quality of home-grown food is one of the biggest reasons for growing
one's own food.

Ray

Plus it's just plain damn fun to go out to the yard and pick your lunch
and cook it fresh off the plants... :-) Tastier too. :-d At least in my
experience.

Sometimes tho' I have to wonder if it's worth the water bills!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,