Old 16-02-2004, 04:34 AM
Katra

Default Is organic gardening viable?

In article ,
"Ray Drouillard" wrote:

"shazzbat" wrote in message

snip

But I don't care, there's nothing to beat the smug feeling of knowing

that
you grew what you're eating.

I wonder who did the study. I wonder what veggies were used. Radishes
and lettuce might be difficult, but I have yet to see a store-boughten
peach that comes even close to one that was picked ripe from the tree
(as opposed to being picked green and ripened after being severed from
its source of sugar). The same sort of goes for tomatoes. It isn't as
much an issue of vine-ripening, but there is a taste that comes with
home grown tomatoes that is missing in the store-boughten fare. Perhaps
buying some of the $3.00/pound premium tomatoes would fix that, but I
wouldn't bet on it.

Ray Drouillard

There is nothing on gods green earth more heavenly than a VINE RIPE
tomato fresh off the vine! Most sweet 100 cherry tomatoes never even
make it into the house. G Eat them puppies right off the vine, sun
warmed. ;-d

Fresh picked string beans steamed right off the vine run a close second.

I think it is more of a question of freshness. Really, but that's just
my opinion. I also just love to go and pull fresh onions for that day's
brunch.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,