Old 16-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Willem Carstens

Default [IBC] Setting up of bonsai garden.

Hi Everyone.

I will be moving house in two weeks time and i have a couple of questions
regarding
setting up of an area for my bonsai.Currently my bonsai are growing on a
bench with
dappled sunlight under a closeable roof.

We have relatively warm summers(Max 35 C ) and mild winters(Min -2 C).My
questions are as follows.

1) Do i put up a shade cloth to protect the trees during summer.
2) We also have prolonged periods of heavy rain .How do i protect the trees
from this.
Currently i just close the roof when it gets to be too wet.
3)How do i combine displaying "finished" trees and trees that are still in
training without the area
looking messy?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Willem Carstens.
Johannebsurg
South Africa

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++