Old 16-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Nick Wagg

Default News group problem HELP!

Mick wrote:

I always subscribe to Uk gardening but from the 26th of jan until 10th of
feb i could not get any downloaded
messages , I tried all the usual thing like settings etc but all was well ,
my news server is onetel , it has happened in the past , a couple of years
ago with bt .
My usual route to solve problems with my pc is through news groups , but if
you can not post , you can not solve , so any help appreciated.

I had a similar problem and assumed that one of the spammers had posted
a file that my news browser can't read in revenge for some of the
comments we had recently been making about their unwelcome
contributions.

The problem went away when I unsubscribed from the newsgroup and then
resubscribed but only choosing to load the last few posts. The few
posts I missed I picked up from Google newsgroups.
--
Nick Wagg