Old 16-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Sacha

Default Specimen tree

Annette16/2/04 10:13

"andrewpreece" wrote in message
Hello Folks,

I am looking for ideas for a specimen tree ( a standard ), no higher
than 25 feet, if possible less. I'm in a v. mild area, clay soil and the
tree would be in full sun, pretty much. It would be nice if it didn't cast
dense shadow.

I'd really like something that had attractive flowers, attractive
foliage/stems, and coloured up in autumn, maybe even with berries but I may
be asking too much here! BTW I already have a Magnolia and a Laburnum ( nice
flower tassles, nothing to get excited about for the other 11 months of the
year ).

Well, it only fulfils part of your requirements, but I love cytisus
battandieri...amazing flowers, silvery foliage, fascinating scent of
pineapples....

It's beautiful but it will only take temps of -5C and IME, does need a lot
of sun to do its best. If Andrew can provide the requirements it would look
wonderful.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)