Old 16-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Beckenbach, Jay

Default [IBC] Liquid Copper as a Soil Drench?

Last week it was mentioned that liquid copper is a good, mild anti-fungal
treatment and can be used as a soil drench. I noticed a few of the leaves
on my Ilex vomitorium (yaupon holly) turning brown. Last time that
happened, I lost a tree so I got a bottle of LCu. The instructions
indicated 4t/gal as a spray for ornamentals but didn't mention soil drench.

Did I hallucinate the soil drench part or did I miss something? Any other
thoughts about the I.v. would be appreciated. By way of background, this
plant has just recently been repotted and then moved into a hoop house to
protect it from "wind chill" drying. It's gotten down to the low thirties
outside but not freezing yet. Soil mix of pine bark and fired clay. Don't
want to lose this piece if I can help it. Thanks and have fun - jay

Jay Beckenbach - Melrose, FL - Zone 8b/9a -

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++