Old 16-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Reka

Default Orchids easy?

"Kenni Judd" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. ..
I suppose everyone has a different definition of "easy." And location
certainly plays a big role -- here in south Florida most warm-growers can

be
hung outside in a tree and Mother Nature will provide most of their care.

But my experience with the "green" vs. "black" thumb folks, when it comes

"houseplants," has been exactly the reverse of yours. I find that people
who are good with "dirt plants" tend to overwater, overfeed and overpot
their orchids. People like me, who tend to neglect such plants to death,

on
the other hand, usually take to orchids very easily.

Exactly my opinion. I think my orchids do well because I was always a
neglecter. Now they reward me with blooms and I am becoming a doter. It's
one of their self-protection mechanisms, like the innocent round eyes of
children...
;-)
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---