Old 16-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Jane Ransom

Default weeding

In article , ouglas douglas@douglas2
5.freeserve.co.uk writes
I read somewhere that it is a waste of time doing serious weeding before
March.

Well, who ever it was didn't know anything about weeding!!!
The best time to weed is after a frost has thawed . . the soil is all
crumbly and the weeds seem to have lifted themselves so that the roots
come out just like a dose of salts ))))))))) We often do a spot of
weeding on a bright January day.

Could this be possible as it all looks so uninviting out there ?
Nap

Obviously, you have to compromise!!
We have done quite a bit of weeding over the last couple of weekends as
we have had quite a few bright, sunny spells. The birds obviously think
the same: they are definitely making their spring, let's get together
noises ))
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.