Old 16-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Ivan McDonagh

Default Is organic gardening viable?

"shazzbat" wrote in
:

But I don't care, there's nothing to beat the smug feeling of knowing
that you grew what you're eating.

Yes, absolutely!

The fulfilment of a dream of some years of growing my own vegies is the
reason I started in the first place - just for the "smug" factor.

Unfortunately growing vegies will be actually be of quite some economic
importance to me by this time next year and hence my interest in factory
fertilisers versus non-factory - I'm sure I will be able to realise my
needs without factory fertiliser but if using factory fertiliser will be
cheaper in terms of land, currency and labour and doesn't necessarily
sacrifice health and/or taste then I'm all for it.

And I could smug for England.

This is some use of the word "smug" with which I'm not familiar

Steve

Ivan.