Old 16-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Joe

Default greens for indoor cat

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:18:50 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:26:48 -0600, zhanataya
wrote:

On 15 Feb 2004 14:40:29 -0800, (lil) wrote:

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Are you looking for plants for the cats or house plants for your
enjoyment that won't harm your cats?

Good point. The subject line indicates something along the line of
kitty grass many cats enjoy. Wheatgrass? Oats? I would be interested
in reading about how a cat 'utilizes' these salad bars. Many ads for
wheatgrass planting show a light plastic base with a nice crop of
undisturbed grass. My cat would reduce that to a yard-square area of
upended plants and scattered planter mix in a few seconds.

My cats have enjoyed the oat cat grass once in a while.
They eat it, for sure.
I don't have any growing at the moment though I did buy some seeds.
As mentioned, the cats make a nice looking patch look pretty messy,
pretty quick.
So, you would have to have two or three pots on the go, and rotate
them.

Joe
Ontario