Old 16-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Jim Lewis

Default Book reccomendations

"barrett" wrote in message
m...
"Floreksa" wrote in message

I need some good book recommendations for both vegetable

gardening and
general landscape style gardening. I live in Western MA and

would love to
start gardening, but am kind of can't figure out where to

even start. My
biggest area of concern right now, is the front of my house,

which has NO
landscaping and receives very little sunlight.

Thanks
floreksa

'The Manual of Woody Landscape Plants' by M. Dirr is the text

for
almost all colleges and universities in the nation. Dirr is

from Ma.
He also has a color illustrated book that goes with the manual.

_My_ copy says he's at the University of Georgia, in Athens. But
I agree, Dirr is excellent.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.