Old 17-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Tim Challenger

Default Moles: How can I legally kill 'em.

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:54:33 -0500 (EST), An Metet wrote:

I am told that I can no longer kill moles by using the usual poison. In
fact to do so one has to have a special licence. The Queen for instance is
allowed to poison the little sons of *******. Whilst I was in France last
year I watched a mole catcher at work in a vineyard. She had a device
which fired a cartridge into the tunnel. Effective every time. The shot
was triggered by the mole clearing its tunnel, the mole woman having
depresed it before setting the trap. I am told such devices are illegal in
the UK! The cost was about £20. I am also told that a variation on this
does exist in the UK which spears the little parasite instead of blowing
its head off. Anyone ever seen or used such a device? Where can I buy a
couple?
I have consulted the WWW used some of there alleged remedies, not one of
them worked, a waste of time. Anyone out there got a sure fired way of
getting rid of 'em?

btw it's also illegal to kill moles in Austria and Germany (I think that
applied to professionals as well), although you are allowed to annoy them
so they go away(if you get lucky enough). You should see the state of our
neighbours lawn. I hope they don't get over to ours!
--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.