Old 17-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Chookie

Default Squirrel repellent?

In article ,
"Rod Out back" wrote:

Thanks Chris, and also thankyou for pointing out it is an AUS group. I
forgot to mention this in my verbal outpouring. I'd like to think
Australians are a bit more pragmatic about feral animal control.
I wonder if this person will love and cherish every Cane Toad they
encounter...

Probably. A friend of mine (also in suburban Sydney) noticed rats in her
neighbour's back yard, and spoke to him about baiting. He was horrified at
the thought of anyone murdering the poor little ratties -- his preferred
control method was to catch them in live traps and release them into Georges
River National Park! My friend had toddlers. She was not impressed. (The
reason for the high rat population was poorly-stored chook food.)

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc