Old 17-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default Moles: How can I legally kill 'em.

The message r
from An Metet contains these words:

I am told that I can no longer kill moles by using the usual poison. In
fact to do so one has to have a special licence. The Queen for instance is
allowed to poison the little sons of *******.

I should be very surprised indeed if the Queen, in person, has
acquired a poisons-licence for mole-killing by strychnine. No doubt she
employs a molecatcher who has such a licence for use in country estates,
golfcourses etc. AFAIK the use of strychnine-baits by licensed persons
is no longer permitted in domestic gardens in case ignorant dogs or very
hungry children attempt to eat the worms, or dead moles, so if you
employ a mole catcher he'll use traps.

Janet