Old 17-02-2004, 07:05 PM
PK

Default Hedge Problem

Janet Baraclough .. wrote:

Just following the advice given by this ng on 4 December 2001
(thread: Pollarding Beech) :-)

As the person who gave that advice in a different context, I resent
the implication that it was at fault. Back then, your header suggested
you wanted to POLLARD a TREE, and you made no mention of a hedge.

And perfectly sound advice it was too.

That's the problem with following internet advice, you get the answer to the
question you ask, not the solution to your problem; which might well be
something quite else which the person proffering advice cannot see or know.

Personally, I only ever use advice in groups like this on trivial matters or
as a starting point on more important matters or when I cant' decide between
options I understand.

pk