Old 17-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Cla

Default I know its been said, but it bears repeating "Don't Use Copper"

Years ago I took a fish health course at Dr. Gratjeck(sp?) and in the
class there was a real horror story about an exotic fish store that
had major fish kill because someone attached a copper line to the
filter system. I do not rember the chemical reaction that caused the
toxic condition, but I have always been very cautious about copper
ever since.

Cla

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message ...
I just replumbed my entire house with copper, and I have some left over. I
am thinking about building a DIY filter for my aquarium, just for fun. Any
thoughts on the safety of using copper in an aquaria environment? I figure
it safe for us to drink, it should be safe in the tank or pond for that
matter.

Any thoughts?

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com