Old 17-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Orchid Photos: Getting Those Reds?

This is interesting. Lots of good info; thanks, everyone.

Diana

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
Good reds are very difficult with a diverse background. I've found that

the
best way to get a good red is to provide a monochromatic background of

blue
(especially), yellow, brown, gray, or just about anything but purple and
some greens. I know there are technical explainations of why the reds are
difficult but this is the best work-around I've come across. It may not be
"natural", but you'll get the red you want.
Gary

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
To all you ace photographers out the

What do you do to get good reds? We've got a great camera now, and can

get
true colors in every hue but some reds. I posted a pic in abpo of Dtps.
Taisuco Firebird, but the true color is a deeper and richer fuscia than

what
we captured.

We get the "brown" reds, and the maroons are perfect. But the hot

fuscias
are a problem. Any advice welcome!

Diana