Old 18-02-2004, 12:08 AM
ned

Default Metal sheds?

Andrew Glass wrote:
I'm hoping to fit a shed in our garden. Cost reasons have lead me to
look at metal sheds, also the fact they have no windows appeals for
security reasons.

The brand I'm looking at is at:

http://www.3leggedcross.co.uk/buildi...re_bedale.html

Does anyone have experience of this type of shed or other similar
brands. How sturdy are they, how secure against theft, other pros

and
cons?

Initially I'd always have preferred wood, but the difference in

price
for larger sizes is dramatic. If anyone knows of a good quality

cheap
wooden shed supplier in the Edinburgh area please let me know.

I'd really appreciate any advice here.

Unless the inside walls are insulated, condensation can be a problem.
It will roast in the summer and freeze in the winter.
And its not all that easy to bang the odd nail in, either. :-)
Security is down to the padlock on the door and how well it is fixed
the plinth.
I would have thought that the 'storm kit' was an essential rather than
an 'additional extra'.
Yes, I've always preferred wood since an early experience with an
'asbestos sheet type' shed.
(Not that I expect you will find one of those around now.)
As with all these financial decisions, 'Buy the best you can afford.'

--
ned