Old 18-02-2004, 04:42 AM
Mac

Default Spelling issues

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:14:10 +0000, Larry Blanchard wrote:

In article 0EfWb.277599$na.438903@attbi_s04,
says...
I had no idea so many people were using off-brand, no-name browsers and
newsreaders in this newsgroup!
I assumed that since most everyone uses a Microsoft Windows operating system
that they would also use the compatible Microsoft internet explorer browser
along with the Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express for the newsreader and
email client which requires one to have word processor software to activate
the spell check feature!.

Use Netscape or Mozilla and you'll avoid a lot of the virii
which target Windows machines.

Go whole hog to Linux and laugh at virii :-).

Well, you may be safe from all the Internet Explorer and Outlook exploits,
but unsecured linux boxes are pretty commonly compromised, too. I used to
be responsible for a firewall at work, and almost everytime someone
port-scanned us or tried to connect to various non-existant services, the
source was a totally unsecured Red Hat 5.x or 6.x system. I understand Red
Hat default installations are much more secure, now, but at the time it
was pitiful.

Mac