Old 18-02-2004, 05:42 AM
Michelle

Default pineapples

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:29:32 -0500, wrote:

I've had success with them by just cutting off the tops and sticking them in
the ground. I actually forgot about them and when I checked on them a few
months later, they each had a small pineapple on them. Make that a "very"
small pineapple. Wild parrots ate them however, so I guess I'll never know
what they tasted like.

Barbara C.

He HE well at least someone enjoyed them I couldn't grow a pineapple
here in my back yard first of all I don't have one two story condo
and second of all I live in pennsylvania I think it would be too
cold but that is reassuring sadly however my stupid cat made a meal
out of the crown I had so successfully rooted I'm goint to neuter
that darn beast next time he mutilates one of my lovely plants.
I even plant that pain some grass of his own in a large pot and he
rolls in it and chews on it but it seems he does not eat them he just
chews and that pest still sometimes wreks my plants I can always
find little spiders from my spider plant on the floor.
One day I almost broke my foot thinking a small one was a huge spider
the araccnid kind well it was dark and it was freshly chewed and
wet so it sort of smooshed when I steped on it bare foot
LOL well I'm having a little sucess with spraying the bottom leaves
with dish liquid mixture When he got a taste of it he gave me a nasty
look and sulked away.
I can really get OT sometimes
sorry
Michelle

"Michelle" wrote in message
.. .
I'de like to grow a pineapple from the top of the fruit just to see if
I can do it .
If I can I'll have a neat plant and If I cant' well I'd have thrown
out the top any way after eating it.
any one know how to cultivate a plant from the top.
I looked for a web site to tell me hoe to do it but could not find one
thanks
Michelle