Old 18-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Dan Mazerolle

Default Pruning a neglected apple tree

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
(simy1) wrote in message

. com...

While I mostly agree with Sherwin, in case you end up liking the
apples from the tree, there are tools to harvest tall trees. Basically
a very long pole with a mechanical hand at the top. Also, if they shot
straight up, this thing could be a pear tree.

Well, I don't like pears, anyways...

I might just cut the branches going straight up and hope that the
lateral branches strengthen rather than new straight up branches
sprouting. I guess I will not do much beyond that yet...

Brian

Here is a link to an excellent step by step method to restore old apple
trees.
Good luck
Dan

http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/ed...05/ec1005.html