Old 18-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Killing little tree stumpettes

There is a liquid product that you can buy called Brush Killer/Poison Ivy
Killer. I forget the exact name but it's close to that.

I had about 6 mature ligustrums that were planted around my well in the
front yard. They were about 10 feet tall and 8 feet wide with several
trunks. I sawed them down as far as I could - some were about 8" tall. I
then drilled holes in the tops of the stumps and poured the liquid directly
into the holes. They died and rotted out, so they became easy to remove.

Hope this helps.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
For pictures and a detailed explaination go to
http://www.intergnat.com/stumps/

I have several spots where trees have begun to grow between
a chain link fence and a wooden privacy fence. They are
beginning to be a problem. I have pruned them down but need
to kill them. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)