Old 18-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Clematis Montana Wilsonii

"Jan" wrote in message
Early last summer I bought a Clematis montana Wilsonii and it put on
tremendous growth throughout the year. However, it is showing absolutely

no
signs of growth now. All my other clematis are showing green buds, but
nothing on my Wilsonii. I was looking forward to its gorgeous scent so

I'm
hoping it hasn't died.

Is it still a bit too early for this plant to be showing growth?

Don't worry yet, its one of the last Montanans to do anything (afterall its
claim to fame is a later flowering period)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk