Old 18-02-2004, 08:36 PM
nambucca

Default treating a wooden compost bin

"Tugger" wrote in message
... I'm building a wooden compost bin ... and am worried that it will rot

as
quickly as the compost ... OK, not quite ... so I guess I need to treat

the
wood ... garden organically, so wonder what type of preservative would you
recommend ? Any info appreciated.

Richard
Aberdeenshire.

I treat the outside of my reasembled pallet ones with creosote every year

but i line my bins with heavy duty polythene stapled inside and lapping in
wards at base .....which i then stand on concrete or brick base
,,,,,,,,,,,had no problems what ever with rotting or making perfect compost
and i throw in lashings of urine too