Old 19-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Tanya

Default phalaenopses lack of leaves

Rob Halgren wrote:

Tanya wrote:

thanks, Rob
the room they are in is 70 degrees (minimum)
both have root growth (the 1.25 leaved has a lot of root growth plus it is
growing a spike which is IMHO is a reason for concern (i don't know whether
the 1.25 leaves are sufficient for spiking?))
thanks,
sincerely
Tanya

Mystery to me then. It may be full size, if it is a mini. Do you know
what the crosses are?

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

many thanks for the reply
i have no idea what the crosses are (they are species i.e. the ones sold in
grocery stores (HOWEVER they are VERY valuable to me)
the 0.25 inch leaves are abnormal for the plants unless they mutate ;-)
what about possibly food? i use the bloom food V.E.R.Y. dilute and distilled H2O
perhaps i should give them something else -- i have miracle gro (but it's
acidic) do you think that would be ok? -- they are in sphagnum moss...
very grateful for the response!
sincerely
Tanya