Old 19-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Rod Out back

Default Cats was Squirrel repellent? (long)

"Bushy" wrote in message
Snakes are *much* better mousers than cats!

Agreed, but I don't care if I step on a cat when I get out of bed....

One of the beauties of living in the bush is the range of wildlife that
finds it's way inside....

Bushy,

Are you having a green christmas beetle invasion? Since our rain, we are
being invaded by them at night. I reckon these damn things should work as
spies for some government(maybe they already do...). I cannot believe how
easily they get into the house, and then into everything. And, of course,
if you wish to take offence to their visit, they have the chemicals of mass
revulsion handy, and they are prepared to use them!
I am thinking a replacement for capsicum pepper spray using their stink is
bound to stop the most violent offender in their tracks...

Ahh well, its only for a few weeks.

I agree with your "book" on cats and have had some sucess in reducing cat
numbers on my farm. At least my dog is to slow to catch most birds, but

she
is a ripper at cornering snakes!

We had an Australian Terrier here a few years ago. It's 2 most serious
security threats were the echidna, and the 3 or 4 sand gonnas that used to
prowl the house complex during the day. The echidna didnt even acknowledge
the dogs existance, which used to annoy him no end. Nasty barks from under
the house would turn into shrieks of indignant pain when the echidna would
have had enough, and simply backed into the dog. Mr Prickle - 28, Dog - 0.
The goannas used to get into huge fights with the dog, and then would spend
most of their day up a tree. His best effort was 3 goannas treed at the
same time, and he was orbiting the trees to ensure they stayed up there.
It nearly killed him; all the running...

He wasnt the smartest pup in the litter....

Peter

Rod........Out Back