Old 19-02-2004, 11:42 AM
WiGard

Default Killing little tree stumpettes

The only way for a "thick black tarp" to work is to first use a backhoe to
dig up the roots and then put the "thick black tarp" at the bottom of the
hole. Once you are satisfied that the "thick black tarp" has been
strategically placed, bury it .

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:08:38 +0000, Suzie-Q wrote:

That doesn't work where the stumps are in the fence.

Sue

In article ,
Heidi wrote:

I would recommend cutting the little stumpettes down as far as possible,
then covering the remainding plant with a thick black tarp (a heavy duty
trash bag will work), secure the tarp down with rocks so that no light
can get in.

good luck!
Heidi

WiGard wrote:

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:49:09 +0000, Suzie-Q wrote:

For pictures and a detailed explaination go to
http://www.intergnat.com/stumps/

I have several spots where trees have begun to grow between a chain
link fence and a wooden privacy fence. They are beginning to be a
problem. I have pruned them down but need to kill them. Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/pr...ge.asp?id=1958
is but one chemical: Magic Stump Remover. There are others. Roundup
may or may not work.

I have ordered from Forestry Supply and find their customer care to be
quite good.

You should be able to find the needed chemical at any good garden
center. If you are in the States, check with your local county agent
for more specific info.