Old 19-02-2004, 03:12 PM
nemo

Default Phosphate in Flourish?

- I have 4 x 23Watts CF DIY over a 25 gallon
- CO2 fertilization is via 2 x DIY CO2 2L bottles
- Substrate is 100% Seachem Flourite

In the tank, I stock
- 1 adult + 2 juvenile platys
- 4 neon tetra
- 1 ghost shrimp
- 3 otocinclus (sp?)

By way of plants, I have:
- 2 asian ambulias
- 1 corckscrew val
- 1 java fern
- 1 banana plant
- 1 parrots feather
- 1 (small) tiger lotus
- 1 anubias nana
- 2 moneywort
- 1 Ludwigia repens
- 1 bunch of dwarf hair grass (spread out in 6 small bunches)

Water Params in tank:
- T = 81 oF
- pH ~ 7.3
- kH ~ 4.0 - 4.5
- gH ~ 3

My filter is a 350 GPH power filter !!! (will be replaced soon).

I do at least 1 x 25% water change a week

I fertilize twice a week with Seachem Flourish.
I find that brush/beard algea get a boost on the Java fern and dwarf
hairgrass leaves everytime I fertilize with Flourish.

I feed the fish twice a day but just enough for a couple of flakes to make
it to the substrate (the rest is consumed at the surface or the way down).

Should I be replacing Flourish with something else?