Old 19-02-2004, 03:18 PM
bigboard

Default o/t : found a mouse in my loft!

Nick wrote:
My loft is fairly spacious and boarded out but surrounded with loads of
bin liners with clothes and other non essential thing in. i put a box
up there 2 weeks ago which had some polysterene packaging in and i
noticed yesterday that there were some mouse droppings and a small hole
made in the box. (it was a cdwriter that i'd packaged up that i planned
to sell on ebay so it was all sealed up ready for despatch if i sold
it).

i've removed the box and there were signs of polysterene that had been
knawed inside and one or two droppings also. from the amount of
droppings i saw i wouldn't have thought it had been there long, there
was no smell of urine either that i noticed. i cleaned the area up and
set a couple of traps last night, within a couple of hours i'd caught
one mouse. i checked this morning and there were no more caught.

we had mice in the garden a few years ago and after erradicating about 6
of them we didn't catch anymore.

are mice known to inhabit loft spaces or could this just be one mouse
that has become trapped in the loft for some reason? - (bearing in mind
that its a semi detatched house with a fairly high roof)!

any thoughts anyone?

Mice are always getting into lofts. They're very good climbers and have
no trouble scaling an outside wall.