Old 19-02-2004, 04:10 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default Phosphate in Flourish?

"nemo" wrote in message
- I have 4 x 23Watts CF DIY over a 25 gallon
- CO2 fertilization is via 2 x DIY CO2 2L bottles
- Substrate is 100% Seachem Flourite

In the tank, I stock
- 1 adult + 2 juvenile platys
- 4 neon tetra
- 1 ghost shrimp
- 3 otocinclus (sp?)

By way of plants, I have:
- 2 asian ambulias
- 1 corckscrew val
- 1 java fern
- 1 banana plant
- 1 parrots feather
- 1 (small) tiger lotus
- 1 anubias nana
- 2 moneywort
- 1 Ludwigia repens
- 1 bunch of dwarf hair grass (spread out in 6 small bunches)

Water Params in tank:
- T = 81 oF
- pH ~ 7.3
- kH ~ 4.0 - 4.5
- gH ~ 3

My filter is a 350 GPH power filter !!! (will be replaced soon).

I do at least 1 x 25% water change a week

I fertilize twice a week with Seachem Flourish.
I find that brush/beard algea get a boost on the Java fern and dwarf
hairgrass leaves everytime I fertilize with Flourish.

I feed the fish twice a day but just enough for a couple of flakes to make
it to the substrate (the rest is consumed at the surface or the way down).

Should I be replacing Flourish with something else?

Honestly, it seems odd to me that you can pull off 3.68WPG with DIY CO2....

Ok, my first guess would be lights, how old, then I'd think maybe the DIY
CO2 is weakening, unless you are religous about swapping them out with new
batches....

What are your nitrAte readings? My 29 got over run with BBA, when I
refilled a CO2 tank, and ran out of PMDD, in just over 3 days, I had things
covered... but it was a total crashing of 3 things, CO2 ran out, 55w pcf
lights were losing intensity, and PMDD ran out.... 3 days later, I was
crying.... heehee

--
RedForeman ©®
Thank you, for your support...