Old 19-02-2004, 05:00 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default Phosphate in Flourish?

"nemo" wrote in message
news
"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message

Honestly, it seems odd to me that you can pull off 3.68WPG with DIY

CO2....

Ok, my first guess would be lights, how old, then I'd think maybe the

DIY
CO2 is weakening, unless you are religous about swapping them out with

new
batches....

What are your nitrAte readings? My 29 got over run with BBA, when I
refilled a CO2 tank, and ran out of PMDD, in just over 3 days, I had

things
covered... but it was a total crashing of 3 things, CO2 ran out, 55w

pcf
lights were losing intensity, and PMDD ran out.... 3 days later, I was
crying.... heehee

My setup is new (~one month); lights, plants, substrate and all. The tank

is
a converted all fish. I have not measured Nitrates or Phosphates in the
tank. I'm still spending the money on tank setup. I figured, however, that

must be doing something right because the little brush/beard algae on the
fern and the hair grass is the only thing troubling me in the tank right
now. This is, of course, in addition to the fact that I can't get the CO2
levels to 10ppm because of the vigorous mixing/aeration I get from the
350GPH pouring over the tank 24/7.

I hope it is not just beginner's luck.

You can slow down a filter, if it's a HOT filter... pull the uplift tube up
a bit, you'll see a gradual slowing of the flow.... if that's what you
want...

Post some pics of it when you're ready/able... you know where to right?

--
RedForeman ©®
Thank you, for your support...