Old 19-02-2004, 08:32 PM
stricks760

Default Will Water Hyacinth Return?

Got the water lettuce from California Koi Farms in Fallbrook, CA -- along
with my 6 Koi.

Dang, you're telling me I may have been growing illegal stuff? That's not
the particular variety of 'stuff' that most people around here get in
trouble for growing!

"Charles" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:04:15 GMT, "stricks760"
wrote:

[Okay, I clearly don't know how to spell hyacinth].

Approaching my first spring (pond went 'live' last September) -- I put in
some water lettuce and hyacinth in September. The water lettuce is all
gone - don't know where it went. The Hyacinth is all shriveled up, but
bobbing around here and there.

Should I throw it out and replace it, or will it come back from the
half-dead looking plants?

In Zone 10b (Coastal Southern CA), when should I expect to see signs of

life
with this, and my water lilly?

Thanks!

It should come back, depending on local circumstances. Mine has for
years, i supplied a local water garden place. A friend of mine,
even closer to the coast lost his for a few years, but then has been
having it survive lately. I'm in Sunset zone 21, not sure of the USDA
zone, 9 I think.

Where did you get the water lettuce? I think that's illegal here
(CA).
--

- Charles
-