Old 19-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Janet Bledsoe

Default Last frost

That is the last freeze date here as well. All my roses are pruned
and now seeing lots of new leaf groth. Daffodils, Bearded and
Siberian Iris are starting to bloom. Lobelia has seeded and is coming
up all over the place. Such a pretty weed.

Janet

On 19 Feb 2004 19:19:45 GMT, (Unique Too) wrote:

last frost date is
usually considered either 7 or 12 April. For the last couple of years,
I don't remember a frost in April at all. But you never know about
these things. Growing up in Memphis, we got the largest snowfall in
recorded history on April 18th (I think). It was 18 inches back around
'68. I'm sure Nashville got plastered as well. It was a funny thing.

The last AVERAGE frost date for our area is February 15. It seems that every
year the week leading up to the 15th is the coldest of the year. Often we will
have our first and only freeze that week.

This year it was beautiful the week prior, so we're having to pay for it this
week. It's been in the low 40's for the past two nights. DH said he saw some
frost on the roofs this morning, but I didn't see any damage on my frost meters
(impatients).

BTW, my roses are already all pruned. Even if we get some cold weather it
won't (shouldn't) be bad enough to cause any damage.