Old 19-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default Last frost

On 2/19/04 4:52 PM, in article , "Dwight
Sipler" wrote:

kate wrote:

... but my
neighbors don't put their tomatoes in until April 25. I'm usually a dare
devil and put them in around April 15...

If your first planting of tomatoes doesn't freeze occasionally you
aren't putting them in early enough. Push the envelope (but provide them
some protection). (Also, plan on a couple different plantings of
tomatoes).

[Here in MA, we've had frost as late as Memorial day and as early as the
week before Labor day, so think of us while you're planting]

I think my latest frost since moving to NH in 1982 was June 5 or so.

Cheryl