Old 19-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Megan

Default White mold on pond liner

Hello everybody.

I'm a new ponder. I finished my pond in late september, but by the time ph
settled down and stopped jumping all over the place it was too cold to add
fish (my indoor koi and i are anxioulsy waiting for spring). The current
pond residents are 3 crawdads and whatever water bugs that have found the
place. Anyways, last week I went out to check on the pond and I noticed
a weird white mold type of film on the liner. Most of the liner is covered
by normal brown/green algea and dirt, but in a few spots theres the white
stuff. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to where it shows up and it
seems to be spreading. Is this something I need to worry about? I haven't
read about anything like this before. Anyone out there experience this
before or have any guesses or suggestions? Thanks!

Megan