Old 19-02-2004, 11:35 PM
jane

Default Azalea not flowering

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:04:09 +0700, "Liz Robinson"
wrote:

~Could anyone help me out please? Two years ago I bought a beautiful Azalea
~(the new varierty which can flourish in any soil) which was abundantly
~flowering at the time. since then it's not flowered, but seems to be stuck
~at the budding stage. Any suggestions? Should I cut it back or not?
~
I know azaleas and rhodies do tend to get blind buds if they don't get
enough water in June/July. They need a lot around then. Preferably
rainwater, regardless of what they say about alkalinity.

May be too late for this year, but try keeping it well watered in
summer and by next spring should have flowers that open.

I take it the leaves aren't showing signs of chlorosis?

--
jane

Mark Twain