Old 19-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Sacha

Default Clematis flowering stunted

Liz Robinson19/2/04 9:06

I wonder if anyone knows why my clematis begane to flower (not until
September) last year and most of the flowers didn't even have time to open
before the cold weather hit and they perished. Any suggestions. What
should I be feeding them with? I was using a chicken pooh fertiliser.

Could you have over-fed them? If plants have too much fertiliser they tend
to put on leaf rather flowers. Many plants flower better if a bit
'stressed' - wish one could say the same of people. ;-)
Is the chicken fertiliser in pelleted form or 'au naturel'?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk