Old 19-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Pam Moore

Default Runner Beans -

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:29:27 -0000, "Janet Bennett"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good runner bean to grow. I want to grow some plants
for my parents' garden, but I know that they will be unable to attend to
them. Is there a variety that can cope with drought, good cropper, and one
that you don't have to spray to set the flowers? I know I'm expecting a
lot, but does anyone know of such a variety?

I jhave had good results from Desiree. White floered, said not to be
so attractive to birds. I never spray mine and they set quite well.

Many thanks

Remove NOSPAM to reply
Jan

Pam in Bristol