Old 19-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Tom Bennett

Default clematis ahead of itself.

"Rachel Sullivan" wrote
snip
I see to my dismay that Etoile Rose has now been reclassified out of
texensis and into viticella. So has 'Pagoda'. Campaniflora is now
listed in Victoria Matthews' 'Clematis Register and Checklist' as
viticella subsp. campaniflora, and what I used to call campaniflora
'Lisboa' is now viticella 'Lisboa'. And there's lots more.

Hmmm......... I'd go along with 'Pagoda' being reclassified into the
viticellas but I think 'Etoile Rose' is very much borderline and I can't
imagine how C. campaniflora could be a subsp. of viticella. Still, what's
in a name?

- Tom.