Old 20-02-2004, 05:02 AM
gregpresley

Default Question on Crocus The first crocuses!!!

I'm afraid that the flower lifespan of a crocus IS very short, Tiff. I think
they last about 2 weeks in the garden, if conditions are ideal. (cool,
sunny, not too windy, etc). In a pot, in a heated dry house, I think 1 week
is about all you could probably expect.
"Frank" wrote in message
om...
Madgardener,

Glad and cherr for you!

I bought my first crocus 4" pot on Feb.8 from home depot and put it by
a window facing northeast. BTW, I'm in SF bay area and unfornately I
dno't have a garden. It has flowered for a week. BUt I noticed that
the pedals of several purple flowers started to be papery and the
flower heads seemed too heavy to be supported. Now I only have two
normal flowers standing and the other five flowers are papery and look
bad. I always kept the soil moist. I'm wondering whether this is
normal. Do I water too much? Does the flower only have 1 week's time?
The life is soo short. Is there anything I can do? Or, have to wait
for next year?

Thanks a lot,
Tiff