Old 20-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Janice

Default Killing little tree stumpettes

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:49:09 GMT, Suzie-Q
wrote:

For pictures and a detailed explaination go to
http://www.intergnat.com/stumps/

I have several spots where trees have begun to grow between
a chain link fence and a wooden privacy fence. They are
beginning to be a problem. I have pruned them down but need
to kill them. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ortho Brush-B-Gon, used straight, cut the offending tree/brush as
close to the ground as you can get it, paint the FRESHLY cut surface
and all exposed bark with the Brush-B-Gon and it'll kill it!

I have elm trees all over this place because they invariably drop
their seed when I have dug up soil and they neatly plant themselves
everywhere! Along the sidewalks, fences, but everywhere and anywhere,
and if it's not elms, it's seed from an UGLY ash.. I think "green" ash
from across the street, or maples from wherever. I didn't think
anything was going to kill the elms, but this killed 'em first try. I
know.. it's not "organic" (technically any carbon based substance is
organic.. we're organic!) But I prefer to dab a bit of this stuff
onto an offending stump no matter the size, than to spray the diluted
stuff around where it can drift and get on other things. Resist the
temptation to just pour it over things. That's too much, it will get
into your soil.. particularly if you have a lot to do, may do more
than you want it to, and no need to use more than just brushing it
over the cut surface and exposed bark.. with a disposable brush like
are sold by the bundle at hardware stores..cheap. It works, so more
is not better ;-)

Janice