Old 20-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Dwight Sipler

Default a strange question

donald girod wrote:

...I just didn't want to believe that they were breeding in the shower trap.
Yuk. We don't have any other slimy water in the house...

I suspect that's unlikely (assuming someone in your house takes showers
occasionally). Mosquito larvae live on organic material in the water
(such as algae), so since the water in your shower trap is changed
regularly, the organic material is flushed out (and probably also the
larvae).

Of course, it's possible that if you get really dirty and take a really
quick shower, the trap would have enough organic material to support the
larvae.