Old 20-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Spider

Default Plum tree queries

Hi Tiger,
If your tree looks well looked after, you may not need to feed it this year.
If you feel you want to feed it, wait until you see early fruit set (tiny
green fruits replacing flowers), then water in some tomato fertiliser. Make
sure it gets plenty of water while fruits are swelling. If you want fewer
large fruit, thin out excess fruits after June drop (trees natural response
to setting too many fruits), otherwise you'll have masses of smaller fruits.
Be prepared to support heavily laden branches.
Never prune your plum tree in winter, due to the risk of silver leaf
disease. Prune during summer in good, dry weather, and make sure your
secateurs are clean.
Spider

Tiger303 wrote in message
s.com...
moved to a new house in Oct & I have a beautiful plum tree in garden
although i have idea what variety. I can see buds starting to form and
i'm wondering when is the best time to feed it, with what and what
method?

thanks 4 your help
--
Tiger303