Old 21-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Taxonomy question

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

What makes you think that the name 'Superbum' might have been chosen
without writing it down first?

Good one, isn't it? ;-) I'm assuming the original namer pronounced it
'superb um' and as you say, didn't write it down!

Puts me in mind of when we went to Pomfadoc en famille in 1956. In those
days it was spelt Pomfadog, so you can guess, it was renamed in out
vocabulary from Pom-FAdog to Pomfa-dog, which name later slid off the
Welsh mountains on to our bull terrier....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/