Old 21-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Terry Collins

Default Repairing the Lawn Mower

Terry Collins wrote:

Short version: URL's wanted.

Thank you both for the tips, I think {:-).

I was thinking that taking the carburettor, etc apart was going to be
required, but wasn't looking forward to it. In the end it was easy to
do. It is always easier the second time {:-).

I just basically drained the fuel and then ran it dry. The carburettor
was nothing like the old type so I'm not sure what was what, but just
gave it and everything else a bit of a clean up.

The worse part was that it worked and then I had to mow the lawn in the
heat, but the job is done for the next six months, unless the drought in
Sydney breaks {:-).

Once again thanks.

I would do a TAFE course in this stuff, but I'd have to spend more time
travelling to and from the course with all the rationalisation that is
going on here.