Old 21-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Terry Collins

Default Repairing the Lawn Mower

Shamless Self Promotion wrote:

....snip.....

PS - sorry this is not much of a solution to your problem, but thought it
might give some one out there a giggle!

Well, it did actually - I could decide that mowing the lawn was the
wife's job {:-), which would means that we would get a new mower (after
a few choice words). But, I would much rather spend the money on
something else {:-), so I fixed it.

Seriously, the best advice I can give someone on mowers is to avoid
Briggs & Stratton engines. Now that is probably flamebait to some people
as I know some people will not have anything else, but dad loved mowers
with Briggs and Straton engines.

So, as a child, one of whose jobs was to mow the lawn, I know that they
can be a fair cow of an engine. Our old mower was great until it cut
out, then no matter what you did, you could not get it started again
that day. Dad would disagree and sometimes spend most of a day trying to
get it restarted just to prove me wrong. Of course by that stage, I
wasn't around to finish mowing the lawn {:-).

And more interestingly, we harvested our pumpkin for this year, a Qld
Blue and are debating whether it is time to rip out the rest of the
tomatoes and make green tomato pickles {:-).