Old 21-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Phisherman

Default rosemary growing problems

On 20 Feb 2004 14:34:51 -0800, (dem3) wrote:

I have (2) 2 gallon Tuscan Blue Rosemary that I've held indoors for
the last month until the weather betters for planting outside. I have
watered regularly and leaf tip growth has been vigorous and healthy,
though from the center out, all limbs have leaves that are dying out
and falling off, this seems to be happening all the way up the
branches towards the healthy tips. Is this natural?

They will do much better outdoors. I started rosemary cuttings last
year (spring), transplanted them to the ground last fall, and now
they are one foot tall. They are in full sun with occasional 15
degree temperatures this winter. I have not watered nor fertilized
them, but I will start trimming them to a better shape. I think you
should set your plants outside when the low temps rise above 20.