Old 21-02-2004, 08:32 PM
simy1

Default mango pit?

(Cindy) wrote in message om...
Has anyone tried growing a mango tree from the pit??? As I am in Zone
6, I know it would need to stay indoors in the warmest spot possible.
I have not put it in soil yet......should I bother trying???

Thanks!

I got two out of six to germinate, which are now sharing the same 12"
pot. Nice houseplants. One is about 3 ft and the other 2ft, with much
larger foliage. I failed indoors and in my (hot) attic. I succeeded
the first time outdoors by chance, while turning warm (unfinished)
compost in late June or early July I saw the sprouting seed. The
second time I got it by putting a seed under a rotting half
cantaloupe, also outdoors in July.