Old 21-02-2004, 10:34 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Ciment Fondu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Persiano"
Subject: [IBC] Ciment Fondu
One product that
has not been mentioned in Secar 71. This should be used as a surfacing

agent
to create the appropriate stone texture. This is accomplished by plopping

it
onto the Ciment Fondu.
Cordially,
Michael Persiano

Mike,
I remember your article.
The way I finished my ciment fondue items was that on the last brushed on
coat of CF I added a little more sand and it gave a nice stoney texture to
the finished item. In fact, I never tried thism but see no reason why larger
silica sand or haydite couldn't also be added for the last couple coats.
Regards,
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++