Old 22-02-2004, 03:12 AM
Heidi

Default Killing little tree stumpettes

I disagree. I was able to kill my stumpettes by the thick black tarp
method. We had a red-tipped something or other tree by our porch. We
tried to cut it down twice and it grew back quickly, I tried drilling
holes in the stump and pouring in the stump kill crystals. No luck,
this tree did not want to die. The thick black tarp worked for me w/o
digging up the roots. I just covered the stump with the tarp. 2 years
later I am still free of that darn tree.

Heidi

WiGard wrote:

The only way for a "thick black tarp" to work is to first use a backhoe to
dig up the roots and then put the "thick black tarp" at the bottom of the
hole. Once you are satisfied that the "thick black tarp" has been
strategically placed, bury it .

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:08:38 +0000, Suzie-Q wrote:

Heidi wrote:

I would recommend cutting the little stumpettes down as far as possible,
then covering the remainding plant with a thick black tarp (a heavy duty
trash bag will work), secure the tarp down with rocks so that no light
can get in.

good luck!
Heidi